Agroecology in France
One of the levers of the transition to agro-ecology in France of a territory is the implementation of an Agro-Environmental and Climate Project (PAEC). Such a project is an opportunity for territories to build an agro-ecological development strategy on their own scale in order to meet their environmental challenges such as the preservation of water quality, biodiversity, landscapes and soils.
The role of partners in the field, such as the CDA, is to accompany the territories in the technical animation of their CEAP and the agro-ecological transition:
- The first step is to carry out individual farm diagnosis campaigns in order to find out about farmers’ practices, their projects and their needs.
- The second step is to establish an action programme that meets the objectives of communities and farmers in terms of agro-ecological transition. These programmes consist of individual action plans, training, experiments, technical days and exchange groups.
The CDA is a partner of 3 territories for the animation of their ECAP and the support of farms:
The CDA is also an assistant to the project owner for the coordination and animation of the ECAP of the Lyon conurbation as well as the support of farms in the East of Lyon.
- 4 technical days and training courses per year
- 1 to 2 exchange groups per year
- 120 farmers sensitised per year